[Ti] Better Battery Power was [Anyone loaded 10.2.5 yet? Any issues?]

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 13 21:00:01 PDT 2003

According to XXL:

>4:30 startup time is way out of line.  I strongly suspect you never had a
>good original install if it takes that long.  I suggest you start over and
>do a "clean-install" of Jaguar then run the 10.2.5 Combo updater.  That
>ought to put some snap in your startup.  Good Luck.
>-Joel
>

>>  I have
>>  a 4:30 startup time total.  I have had the extremely slow login since
>  > the first Jag upgrade...

It sounds like a fragmented drive is a big part of the problem. My
guess: Severe. If you take the advice and re-install using ANY
install method, you'll wind up with an OS that is even more severely
fragmented.  Not good at all. De-frag, rebuild th e Directory,
reboot, and see if a re-install is necessary...first.

~flipper