[Ti] [OT] Microsoft Office : PC versus Mac

Jack Bozzuffi Jr jakebozz at voicenet.com
Mon Apr 14 18:23:47 PDT 2003

I'm using Office:mac for OS X, and from my experience, the only compatibility issue
was an "incorrect setting" on my Mac side:  In the save window, be sure that there is
a check in the box labeled "append file extension."  This puts the "PC suffixes"
(.doc, .xls, etc.) at the end of your file names-- seems that some versions of PC
office need these extensions, even though the mac side doesn't....  If you're in the
habit of saving with the extensions, you'll have no compatibility problems...
    Jack