[Ti] .mac password (was, Safari beta 2 is out )

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Apr 15 05:57:33 PDT 2003

At 14:04 -0500 14-4-2003, Kynan Shook wrote:
>You can check whether your password is entered correctly by opening
>Keychain Access in the Utilities folder; your .Mac password should
>be one of the entries in there.

Today, I found a new iTools password entry, that is up-to-date, with
my 7-character new password.
I deleted the old one.
But it does not seem to have helped .....

>What happens when you try to connect to your iDisk from the OS?

I get a window that is called:		WebDAV File System Authentication

I enter my username ( hutleytj ) and my 7-character password, exactly
as it is in the KeyChain.
I just get a new WebDAV blank window.  Round and round in circles I go.

>What if you try connecting via the Connect to Server command?

I tried connecting (shift-apple-K) to:	http://idisk.mac.com/hutleytj

and all I get is:

a window that is called:		WebDAV File System Authentication

Same circle.

I have deleted (twice now) the file:	com.apple.internetpref.plist

as per John Griffin's suggestion.
No effect.

Do you have any further ideas?

I have no path forward from here, as all the correct steps do not seem to work.
This means that I cannot access my iDisk anymore !!??

regards,  Trevor