[Ti] left wondering [was: [OT] Microsoft Office : PC versus Mac]

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Apr 15 15:11:04 PDT 2003

>The underlying issue I just cannot comprehend is why a giant with such unfathomable money and programming clout (I dare to assume) cannot build a better OS. I don't mean this rhetorically or in jest:

Are you meaning Mr Gates?

The answer is simple. He is running a business as most business are run. Make the product as cheaply as possible and sell it to the maximum number of people. Only make it as good as you have to to make the sale. If people are willing to put up with less than you can deliver, well, so be it.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

Coward: One who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.