[Ti] left wondering [was: [OT] Microsoft Office : PC versus Mac]

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 15:37:50 PDT 2003

Robert Ameeti paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>  >The underlying issue I just cannot comprehend is why a giant with
>such unfathomable money and programming clout (I dare to assume)
>cannot build a better OS. I don't mean this rhetorically or in jest:
>
>Are you meaning Mr Gates?
>
>The answer is simple. He is running a business as most business are
>run. Make the product as cheaply as possible and sell it to the
>maximum number of people. Only make it as good as you have to to
>make the sale. If people are willing to put up with less than you
>can deliver, well, so be it.
>-

Or as this fellow put it:

"You think it's a conspiracy by the networks to put bad shows on TV. But
the shows are bad because that's what people want. It's not like Windows
users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and
that's an incredibly depressing thought." --Steve Jobs

~flipper