[Ti] Faster Finder Loading

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Apr 16 07:56:18 PDT 2003

b typed this message on 4/16/03 10:22 AM:

>>> One thing though: Can you log in as root, and see a radical
>>>  difference in the time from the blue login screen? This can tell you
>>>  if it's question of a corrupt preference file, faulty application, or
>>>  what. I'd try booting to the Login window and signing in as 'root'.
>>>  If the entire process takes less than 2 minutes, your problem is some
>>>  plist/preference. check it out.  :=)
>>
>> How do I log in as a root?
>>

>>>  ~flipper
>>
>> Thanx again
>>
>> ray

I use Path Finder (a superior Finder substitute). You don't have to set up
any accounts or log in and out.

1) With Path Finder all you do is create a duplicate of the Path Finder
application.
2) Then you select it (highlight it) and go the "Command" menu in your open
Path Finder and select "Open in Root."
3) The duplicate Path Finder will launch and you now have root access.
4) Quit from the original Path Finder and go on with your 'rooting about.'
5) When you are finished, just quit from the duplicate Path Finder and
relaunch the original.

Simple and slick IMHO.

jg