[Ti] Visio alternative

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Wed Apr 16 09:22:16 PDT 2003

Trevor J. Hutley wrote on 4/16/03 9:00 AM:

> George - on my Ti-500 (to justify on-topic) I used OmniGraffle, for
> any and all drawings, graphics, organisation charts or anything that
> I need in my documents.
>
> I would be interested to know how the two stack up.

Thanks Trevor - but when this topic came up last time (not by me) Omni was
also suggested. I took a look at it, and there is no comparison.

In Visio there are templates that include walls, curbs, sprinklers, pipes,
toilets, desks, chairs, etc. You grab one, and enter the size of the object,
and it scales to match your drawing. Then you drag it into place, and do the
same for your next object, etc. The drawing simply snaps together, piece by
piece. Then, if you want to make your drawing have multiple layers, you can
do that, or make hyperlinks to any part of the drawing to open a photo, or a
web page, or a document, etc.

In my business - forensics, most users are Windows users. However, when I
present workshops, I frequently do so on my TiBook. When participants ask
about drawing programs, I always launch VPC, and demonstrate Visio. I wish
there was something else I could show - although it does provide a great
opportunity to show Win 2K running on an Apple.

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics <http://www.imagingforensics.com>
Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and