Slow start up times

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Apr 16 21:13:31 PDT 2003

After posting this start up time issue on an OSX tech list, I
actually received much the same information as this list with one
exception:

According to some posts on that list, even a BADLY fragged disk would
only cause about a 20% increase in startup time.

However, starting in verbose mode (cmd-v) ends before my problem
starts. That fact and creating a new user and starting up in the same
time as others on this list report, tells me (with prompting from the
tech list) that the finder is trying to execute something it can't,
such as connect to a server or device that isn't present.

Of anyone on this list can suggest ways of purging Finder of this
stuck process, please help.  As a last resort I will delete the
Finder prefs, which may be the only solution. But it shouldn't be...
;-)

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com