[Ti] another post-10.2.5 observation

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Apr 17 14:20:21 PDT 2003

At 13:10 -0400 17-4-2003, William Scammell wrote:
>>I have a (TDK6100) pc-card in my Ti-500, which I use (through a
>>cable connection) with my Nokia GSM 6150 phone, for internet access
>>when I am travelling.
>>
>>I was just checking the configuration  ... and I was shocked to see
>>that in the Network Preferences, under Network Port Configurations,
>>that the PC Card Modem is now greyed out and un-selected.
>
>i don't know if this will work, but have you tried:
>
>1) full shut down.
>
>2) pull the card out.
>
>3) reboot.
>
>4) re-insert the card to see what osX does?
>
>ps: also, does the card manufacture's web site have any up-to-date info?

Bill:

I tried all that, as well as everything else that I can think of......
The moment I put the TDK card in the slot, it appears in the menu,
but still remains greyed out in the Network Preferences.

I have also checked the TDK website, and they have nothing newer than
a System 9 installer dated 1996.  OS X is not even mentioned.

I am sure that it is some change in 10.2.5....

regards,  Trevor