Fwd: Re: [Ti] another post-10.2.5 observation

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Apr 18 00:51:58 PDT 2003

>>At 13:10 -0400 17-4-2003, William Scammell wrote:
>>i don't know if this will work, but have you tried:
>>
>>1) full shut down.
>>
>>2) pull the card out.
>>
>>3) reboot.
>>
>>4) re-insert the card to see what osX does?
>>
>>ps: also, does the card manufacture's web site have any up-to-date info?
>
>Bill:
>
>I tried all that, as well as everything else that I can think of......
>The moment I put the TDK card in the slot, it appears in the menu,
>but still remains greyed out in the Network Preferences.
>
>I have also checked the TDK website, and they have nothing newer
>than a System 9 installer dated 1996.  OS X is not even mentioned.
>
>I am sure that it is some change in 10.2.5....

Bill - this morning, my TDK pc-card was sitting beside my Ti-500.  I
must have left it there, after all my attempts and ideas of yours to
get it 'recognised' by Network Preferences under 10.2.5 failed to
achieve anything.

I thought "one more try".  Put the card in, it appears as an icon in
the menu bar, as before.
Then I opened Network Preferences, and there it is: checked, and normal.
WHO selected and checked it?!
It seems (as with my iDisk/Internet Preferences issues) that it has
been Reset overnight.

I definitely have that 'weird' feeling, but am very happy that the
TDK card is back to being fucntional.

regards,  Trevor