[Ti] post-10.2.5 observation (Acrobat Crashes)

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Apr 18 01:02:29 PDT 2003

At 00:24 -0500 18-4-2003, Dennis Fazio wrote:
>--On Thursday, April 17, 2003 01:41 PM +0200 "Trevor J. Hutley"
><hutley at geneva-link.ch> wrote:
>

>>Since installing 10.2.5, I have observed that Acrobat (5..0.5)
>>quits everytime that it launches (which it does automatically,
>>everytime that I download a PDF file).
>>
>>If I launch it manually, it also quits.
>>
>>Has anyone else noticed an apparent incompatibility of Acrobat 505
>>with 10.2.5 ?
>>

>This is not a 10.2.5 issue, since it has happened to me on 10.2.4
>and to others on previous OS X versions. I did a complete reinstall
>of Acrobat 5.0.5 to no avail. Here's how I fixed it, though you may
>find it hard to believe.
>
>Open System Preferences and go to the International panel
>Click the Language tab
>scroll down to the last two languages in the list (probably polski
>and magyr, but I don't think it matters what they are)
>Swap their positions in the list by click and drag.

Dennis - your proposal sounded more like a joke than any posssibly
serious explanation to work around an Acrobat persistent crash.

But I have confidence in you, so:

I launched Acrobat.
It crashed as normal. (scientist, verifying his starting assumptions)
  I followed your instructions about the language sequence swap.
I launched Acrobat.
No problem.
Quit Acrobat.
Re-launched Acrobat (scientist confirming his new unexpected observation)
No problem.

Absolutely the weirdest feeling.......!!

IThanks anyway for sharing this effective but very unusual solution.

regards,  Trevor