[Ti] Welcoming myself to the world of Ti

Don ds1000309 at uid.onemain.com
Fri Apr 18 10:27:53 PDT 2003

Simon Chapman wrote:

<snip>

> Software-wise, I know very little about Os X - but more than I did last
> week since Apple forced me to install it on the new 1Ghz TiBook en route to
> installing Os 9.2.2. Be wary of Os X 10.2.5 - mixed reviews at
> macintouch.com and an apparent big bug. For me, the only thing that made Os
> X bearable for 10 minutes was the Marine Aquarium screensaver
> (http://www.serenescreen.com/product/maquariumx/index.php). Otherwise, it
> was a great relief to get booted into Os 9.2.2 which seems much snappier
> and, er, finished.
>
> Simon

I've owned and used Macs since I purchased a new 512ke. Never been one to always
update systems (I generally stay with whatever came installed on the box) so I wonder,
have there been so many buggy issues with previous system releases... systems prior to
X? Every time I feel about ready to make the upgrade leap from 9, the list seems to
fill up with discussions of problems, bugs and glitches users of X are having... and I
really don't relish the thought of dealing with all the apparent issues, especially as
my 'book works flawlessly with the original 9.1 installed. So is X unusual in this
respect or have I just not been aware of similar problems when earlier system releases
were made?

Thanks,

Don
Ti 400