[Ti] Welcoming myself to the world of Ti

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Fri Apr 18 11:17:29 PDT 2003

On 4/18/03 11:27 AM, "Don" <ds1000309 at uid.onemain.com> wrote:

> I've owned and used Macs since I purchased a new 512ke. Never been one to
> always
> update systems (I generally stay with whatever came installed on the box) so I
> wonder,
> have there been so many buggy issues with previous system releases... systems
> prior to
> X? Every time I feel about ready to make the upgrade leap from 9, the list
> seems to
> fill up with discussions of problems, bugs and glitches users of X are
> having... and I
> really don't relish the thought of dealing with all the apparent issues,
> especially as
> my 'book works flawlessly with the original 9.1 installed. So is X unusual in
> this
> respect or have I just not been aware of similar problems when earlier system
> releases
> were made?

X Rocks--- for every flaw it has, there are 20 reasons it's better than 9.
I've been using X exclusively since the first public beta, and I've had a
grand total of 2 crashes (and, as anyone who knows me can tell you, I push
my computers to the limits-- you'll never find my computer with fewer than
10 apps open, usually over 15 or 20, usually including photoshop, 2 or 3
browsers, flash, dreamweaver, word, entourage, and a couple processes going
on in the terminal).  X handles everything I throw at it flawlessly-- and,
thanks to 10.2, our print server finally works flawlessly.
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook