[Ti] Welcoming myself to the world of Ti

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri Apr 18 11:10:53 PDT 2003

At 10:27 AM -0700 2003.04.18, Don wrote:

>I've owned and used Macs since I purchased a new 512ke. Never been one to always
>update systems (I generally stay with whatever came installed on the box) so I wonder,
>have there been so many buggy issues with previous system releases... systems prior to
>X? Every time I feel about ready to make the upgrade leap from 9, the list seems to
>fill up with discussions of problems, bugs and glitches users of X are having... and I
>really don't relish the thought of dealing with all the apparent issues, especially as
>my 'book works flawlessly with the original 9.1 installed. So is X unusual in this
>respect or have I just not been aware of similar problems when earlier system releases
>were made?

The overall experience for me is the same as for MacOS 9. X is slower and uses more battery. I do the same things. I have the same results. The bug level is similar. The crash level is similar. The same sorts of strange things happen. I get things done as satisfactorily. The best computer year of my life *YES* was the year I stuck with MacOS 9 and didn't have constant upgrades going on. The main reason for switching to X is to be like others who have switched to it, and to use latest versions of things. Good luck.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)