Introduction/questions...

Tim Clarke tim at score-music.com
Fri Apr 18 11:48:58 PDT 2003

Hi everyone.  I'm thrilled to find a list devoted to the topic of G4
Tibooks!  My name is Tim Clarke and I am a composer and sound designer for
games.  My dream is to have the "studio-in-a-box" and thanks to Tibooks this
is pretty much a reality.  I own and use the 667 Tibook which I bought about
a year ago.  I currently use Logic Audio, Peak, Recycle, Translator,
Metasynth,

I have one 18 gb Travelstar that I pack with me, but have noticed recently
that under mac OS 9 the finder will not mount this volume, but it will under
OS X (10.2.5)!  I'd say this has been going on for over a week, and it
coincides with some other firewire drive problems I've had on my desktop
system (dual 450 G4).  I often use the 18-gig Travelstar as a "removeable
media" between the Tibook and the desktop, and I've used Diskwarrior a
couple of times on this little drive in order to get it to mount.

I'm also sorely dissappointed with the "5-hour" battery that lasts for more
like 1-2 hours.  What's up with that?  Is there a 3rd-party battery, or some
other solution to improve this?

Finally, I'd love to replace the 30 gb internal drive with at least twice as
much storage.  Has anyone gone through that proceedure?  Any
recommendations?  Are there any "multimedia" drives available in that size?

I'm sorry if these questions have been addressed here before, but I'm new
here...

TC