[Ti] Used G4 PB's prices are dropping.....

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Sat Apr 19 07:47:29 PDT 2003

On 4/19/03 8:21 AM, "Philip E. Clark" <peclark at runbox.com> wrote:

> I was looking to sell off my PB G4 667 w/512mb, slot burner, running 10.2.5
> on Ebay and man people are barely getting around $1k for units with combo
> drives. Has Apple flooded the market to the extent that the used market no
> longer nets a recovery of 50% of the original purchase price?.

It seems odd to me that the tibook 400/500 almost as a rule sell for less
than the 400/500mhz Pismos.  Pismos ARE pretty sweet-- my mother still uses
the one I gave her when I upgraded to the  TiBook--  but they have a smaller
screen, smaller hard drive, and slower proc (G3 v. G4).... I'm not sure why
tibooks aren't holding their value, but my guess is because they show wear
so much.  When people are paying over 1000 or 1500 for a computer, they
don't want any scratches on it-- but it can be hard to tell over ebay.  I'd
imagine, if yours is in pristine shape, you'll have better luck selling it
locally at a used/trade in mac shop.  You can almost always get more for mac
laptops from a mac dealer.

Keep us updated

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook