[Ti] Startup time revisited

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue Apr 22 20:26:13 PDT 2003

>Strange. I like Lisbeth's idea, move your apps and Docs, carefully,
>in chunks, into one of your other user's accounts, or set up a new
>one, and trash the old account and all associated files. This
>'trashing almost has to be done with the rm command in Terminal.

 From the OSX tech list is the best suggestion:
Make a temporary folder on your desktop.  Move half of your
~/Library/Preference files into it.  Log out and back in.  Did the
problem go away?  Yes? Move half of the ones you removed back in and
repeat.  No?  Move half of the ones still in your
~/Library/Preference folder out.  Repeat until you've narrowed down
which preferences it is.

Note that this is just a variation of the classic OS extensions
problem troubleshooting.

I think I will try this... will report back to both lists.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com