Best price for Applecare?

Dave Morrison davemor at gte.net
Wed Apr 23 15:44:00 PDT 2003

> I'm not sure why we're getting this Smalldog bashing here.  If you go
> to the Apple website and read the terms and conditions for the
> Applecare product, you'll see that *Apple* is the one making the "no
> sale to end users in Florida" rule.  I quote:

this may be a stupid question -- but why Florida???

Bill (et al),

I had the same question when I was getting ready to buy my first Mac last
April, a TiBook 800. I live in Florida and I was pricing it through Mac Mall
in Calif. and asked about Applecare. They said they could ONLY sell it to me
in Florida IF I was a business....not as a private individual. I got the
same exact answer locally at the Apple section of my CompUSA store (staffed
by a very good, and sometimes lonely, Apple guy). Apparently, since we can't
figure out how to vote down here, they figure we can't handle the
intricacies of a service contract either. ;)

I bought the TiBook through my business and got my Applecare with no
problem. There actually is some reason they can't sell them here but I
honestly don't know why they only allow businesses to purchase the plan.

Dave
www.morrisonphotographics.com