[Ti] Best price for Applecare? {Why Florida?] {Rant]

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 23 18:51:34 PDT 2003

Tarik Bilgin paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>n Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 05:24  pm, Bill Palmer wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure why we're getting this Smalldog bashing here.  If you
>>go to the Apple website and read the terms and conditions for the
>>Applecare product, you'll see that *Apple* is the one making the
>>"no sale to end users in Florida" rule.  I quote:
>>
>this may be a stupid question -- but why Florida???

Florida also has some serious rep for being home to con men, real
estate scams, 'boiler rooms', private placement stock/venture capital
firms, etc, not to mention being one of the few places in America
where an organized mobster can buy a 24 million dollar house [as
'primary residence'] and not lose it to the Feds in a RICO, or
'zero-tolerance' deal.

It is a haven for rehabilitation [drugs/alcohol] patients [more
rehabs and 12-Step groups , per capita than any place else on Earth,
old folks waiting to die, and right-wing foreigners, criminals, etc.
It is not uncommon for the criminal mentality to be overly fond of
legislating against 'outside' criminal behavior. It is hypocritical
on an institutionalized level, and, in concert with the
anti-Constitutionalists in the shadow gov't, oops, i mean, White
House and Supreme Court, has cooperated in the dismantling of the
America that so many people died for here, and used to respect,
abroad.

If it were in my power i would sever it from the Union, set it adrift
in the Caribbean, move Vegas and Atlantic City to it, and let the mob
and all their ilk call it Nuevo Cuba or whatever. The real people
here are very nice folks. And the vegetation and wildlife are
amazing, but the powers that be ... well, I've said more than enough,
sorry for the rant. Oh, and Small Dog is a terrific company. Nothing
but Mac-love and respect to those ladies and gentlemen.

~flipper