[Ti] OmniGraffle 3.0 Stencils - WAS Visio-equivalent for OS X for network maps

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Thu Apr 24 12:52:57 PDT 2003

> Tried this, both from the user level and from the main /Library
> directory.  Also, I did not have an OmniGraffle directory in
> Library/Application Support/ so I had to create the directory
> structure both for user and from the main /Library directory.  In
> another note thought, I did have an OmniGroup directory which was
> probably from the
> OmniGroup web browser which had been priviously installed.
>>
>> I advise you to verify the spelling of the directory names.
>
> Done, with case in place also.  Did you do yours in all lower case or
> all upper case?

No, it should be done in "normal" case, as described on the web page.

After experimenting some, I found that it also works if I name the
folder Stencils instead of Palettes (the new terminology, instead of
the old).

This is a screenshot of how it looks for me. Note the presence of a
space in "Application Support" and the absence of a space in
"OmniGraffle" (though it does seem to match exactly what you are
describing...):
<http://ittpoi.com/og.png>

I guess there could be some preference or cache acting up. Try deleting
the preferences (com.omnigroup.omnigraffle.plist in
~/Library/Preferences).

>>  Also note that you have to restart OmniGraffle to be able to find
>> the newly installed palettes.
>
> Did this many times.  I have also received a couple of notes off line
> from people stating that they are having similar problems to mine.
> When I resolve this, I will post a summary.

Do that! I hope you get it sorted out!

/ Rgds, David