[SUMMARY] OmniGraffle 3.0 Stencils - WAS Visio-equivalent for OS X for network maps

mac acct mac at sun.twlight.net
Thu Apr 24 13:54:32 PDT 2003

I want to thank everyone who replied to my request (both online and
off).  I have a workable resolution to my issue, although I am certain
that my solution is NOT necessarily the correct one.  What I did was to
place my new stencils downloaded from the "Extras" page in the
following directory:

/Applications/OmniGraffle
Professional.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Stencils/

Along with the other stencils.  After moving them to this location and
re-launching the application, they were all there in the "Stencils"
drop-down menu.  This is a new application for me and there is still
some confusion as some of you apparently get to your stencils by
clicking on "Tools" then Pallets.  The OmniGraffle Pro 3.0 that I
downloaded yesterday does not have these options.

In case anyone is interested, the stencils that I downloaded, and now
work well, are:

HP9000 systems
SGI systems
Sun equipment
Network 3D

I hope that ultimately OmniGroup support team will reply to my email
with an official letter.  I won't drag this thread out any longer or
add to the confusion, but those of you who are having the same problem
that I am, please reply to me off line and I will forward along what
ever OmniGroup ultimately email's me.  Or you can report the problem
yourselves also.

Thanks,

Jerry K