[Ti] Contact RE Apple lack of support?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 25 13:02:00 PDT 2003

A few years ago, I had an $800 third-party CPU upgrade card in my Powerbook
2400C.  One day, this Powerbook seemed to develop a bad Logic Board, so I
sent it to AppleCare for repairs, clearly indicating the CPU upgrade.  They
replaced both the logic board and the CPU card.  When I got my powerbook
back and found that it was slow as a turtle, I called them.  After a couple
days they reported that my CPU upgrade card had been lost.  I got reimbursed
for it after writing a carefully-worded 2-page letter, with documentation,
to some department in Cupertino, CA.  I'm pretty sure the department was
called "Customer Relations".  Try them.