[Ti] Contact RE Apple lack of support?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Apr 26 06:58:14 PDT 2003

>Directly through Apple; first at the Apple store in Tampa FL and now since
>the Tampa store sent the PowerBook to the ultra top secret PowerBook repair
>facility I am at the mercy of the AppleCare website for any info. Even the
>Apple store Genius who has helped me the most seems to have to depend on the
>same source.

The first question to ask: do you do repairs locally or do you ship
to a service center; walk away if it is a service center...
guaranteed LONGEST POSSIBLE REPAIR TIME.  Is there an Apple user's
group in your area? That would be a starting point for contact with
authorized repair folks.  Of course make sure that anyone you take it
to is Apple Authorized.

When I have needed service at Cincinnati Computer, it is somewhat
refreshing to see a dozen or so Macs in the background in various
states of repair... to me that means they do the repairs there and
they are a trusted source of repairs by many, because we all know
that Mac repairs are so rare ;-)
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com