[OT] The little PB that could...

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Sat Apr 26 07:31:12 PDT 2003

A few days ago, someone asked about creating pdf's from multiple
images, etc... Well, a person I know who has a PC received a tif file
from someone else, and told me, "The person who sent me this said to
print up to page 5". Now, my friend could only open the first image,
after that, there was no option to open all the pages, let alone look
at them. So I get the file in the mail, and sure enough, it opens in
Preview, shows all the pages! I export to PDF, and am done. I open it
in Acrobat, re-save, and close the PDF. Email it off, in less than 15
minutes, the Mac did what the stock PC (no graphics software), without
a hitch.

The last step (open in Acrobat), was for piece of mind - this is not a
requirement. Which means a stock Mac would have the job done quicker -
and easier than the PC. I know there must be software for the PC that
will do this - the point is, it was a breeze with the mac.

Steps - get file from email
double click on file icon (it should open in preview)
export to pdf

That's it, how much easier could Apple have made it?

Anyways, without boring any of you with why I think Apple's pdf
orientation is crippled compared to Adobe's, I will simply state that
my Powerbook G4 did this without a hitch.

John Pariseau