[Ti] Ftp clients [and - OT -for Wintel to iDisk?]

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon Apr 28 09:31:19 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 04:54  pm, Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> Fetch 303 (it has been on my Mac since the year dot) for FTP.
>
> My supplemmentary question (to anyone who works on the dark side): how
> do I tell Wintel users to connect to my iDisk?  Do they need an FTP
> client?  Or some server-access software ?

I work "for" the dark-side -- not "on" the dark side.

actually one of the nicest features in windows is that you can type
ftp://username:password@server.domain/ into your IE address bar and
they should then be able to drag and drop use it in the same way we do
this in Mac OSX by using Apple-K

> I want my clients to be able to upload files to my iDisk, and I need
> to tell them what they have to do.
> One said that only people running Windows XP can do that.  Is that
> true ?

If iDisk has an ftp server then every windows user (from win2k
onwards???) can use it. I haven't used iDisk much.

I don't know too much about iDisk, but I know it uses WebDAV to mount
the remote directory on your desktop, so I am thinking that iDisk is a
very standard remote directory tree.

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue