[Ti] weird word pronunciation (seriously OT)

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue Apr 29 01:06:08 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 06:23  pm, John Griffin wrote:

> How about Prevent-at-ive. I hate this, no such word - it is
> Prevent-ive!
> Even doctors say it the wrong way. Every time I hear it on TV it makes
> me
> want to hurl!

Actually both preventative and preventive are words in english
according to the Oxford English Dictionary.

they can be used interchangeably.

> Or Denice rather than Dentist. Tode-ily rather than Tot-ally, Producks
> rather that Products (people seem to hate 'T's' these days - especially
> those under 20). I could go on, and on, and on...

these are different as they are quirks in pronunciation of words.

totally tubular man!

don't you love language!

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com

--
TARIK BILGIN, Web Developer
tarik.bilgin at englandagency.com

an agency called england
marshall mill. marshall street. leeds LS11 9YJ
t.0113 234 5600 f.0113 234 5601
http://www.englandagency.com/

This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be
Legally privileged. If  this e-mail has been addressed to you in
error and you are not the person intended or authorised to receive
it or a copy of it, please notify the sender as soon as possible.