[Ti] Ti internal modem

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Apr 29 04:59:43 PDT 2003

At 18:19 -0500 28-4-2003, Bill Reburn wrote:
>I need some help from any dial up users out there.
>Anyone have any suggestions? Dial up really sucks! but I know most people
>are on it.. I am hoping I have something to tweak..

Bill - I am surprised to see you write "most people are on it" (dialup).
Is that in fact the case?
I moved from dialup, where I had similar agonies, to ISDN connection
3 years ago and then to DSL late last summer.

I agree with Bill Scammel, that the physical phone line, connections
etc are all very important for getting to maximum speed.  Unless you
have a serious problem with your modem, the limitation will always be
the phone line and connections.

My recommendaiton would be to go to DSL as soon as you can.  I did it
for economic reasons.
My flat fixed rate is much lower than any monthly dial-up charge
total that I ever had.

I wish I could help more, but I think the only answer is to change
your access route.

regards,  Trevor