[Ti] weird word pronunciation (seriously OT)

Erika macfiddler at iprimus.com.au
Tue Apr 29 11:49:21 PDT 2003

if expecting a reply, please note my signature, which contains clarification of my
peculiar circumstances.
Paul Russell spake thus:
<snip>

>Actually Latin has 6 cases, each of which has singular and plural
>forms: nominative, vocative, accusative, genitive, dative and
>ablative, e.g.
>
>bellum bella
>bellum bella
>bellum bella
>belli  bellorum
>bello  bellis
>bello  bellis

...and then there are three genders, not necessarily divided nicely into the five
declensions, or related to the meanings of the words, or reliably identified by word
endings. Then adjective agreement (gender, case and number - not necessarily the same
endings as the nouns they agree with either, if in a different declension), the
conjugations with their myriad tenses, sentence meaning influenced by word order, the
subjunctive, the imperative, irregular verbs (not to mention irregular bloody nouns
IMHO), unpredictable adverbs, unbelievable terseness and worst of all, Latin idiom,
which, although one may 'know' every single word in a Latin sentence, can render the
sentence unintelligible or at the very least, ambiguous, until one has waded through
simply reams and reams of original Latin written by oringinal Romans....have I missed
anything, Paul?....and I study this language out of CHOICE!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................eheu, demens sum.

   best,

   Erica Mackenzie
   Megalong Valley, N.S.W.
   AUSTRALIA

  N.B. Please do not be surprised or annoyed if I fail to answer your post for
  some time. I have a fluctuating chronic auto-immune neurological condition,
  and am sometimes unable to use my computer for long periods (weeks or months).
  Be assured that I will reply as soon as I can - if I can. Please be tolerant.

    for(i=0;i<100;i++){
   printf("I must not be rude to M$Windows users.
          They can't help it.");
      [self castigate];
      }
      NSTolerance *myTolerance = [[[NSTolerance alloc]
          initWithKnobsOn: @"bigKnobs"] retain];