[Ti] Apple's future

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 29 19:03:49 PDT 2003

Bill Reburn paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>I know that in many cases an original artists/writers/authors work is
>allowed to be 'reproduced' as long as all relevant links and credit is given
>where due. Given that this is probably the property of the WSJ and not the
>original author's, it could cause some problems. I am sure there is a legal
>mention of this on WSJ's website. The typical disclaimer would apply.
>
>Frankly I don't give a damn though and appreciate not having to submit my
>email address to a spam machine disguised as login access to 'exclusive
>material' (that point is the only reason why I reply here to the Ti list and
>not personally). Don't participate in reading the 'plagiarized' quote if you
>don't want to, but unless you're calling the WSJ to rat him out, why fight
>about it here?  If you have a problem with someone - be a man and take it up
>with him. If you have already have, good for you. Shouting matches in the
>playground serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever and make everyone involved
>look, well, foolish.

As a paid subscriber, both online and in print, to the Wall Street
Journal, I can verify this: They have a setup on each and every
article to print, copy, or email the articles to one or more
addresses. The only proviso being that copies and distribution be
'for personal, non-commercial use only". This list is a
non-commercial use.

The Journal is an amazing paper by the way, and in my years here,
they've never used my info for a single piece of Spam. period

~flipper