[Ti] Apple music store

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Tue Apr 29 19:04:52 PDT 2003

>One thing I have noticed is the dates of release of some material
>doesn't match original release dates, even though covers do, e.g.
>Bacharach albums are dated late '90s.

Maybe it's the release date of the CD. so in the case of something
old that was originally released only on vinyl you might be seeing a
newer date corresponding to the subsequent release on CD ?

>Also, is there any rhyme or reason to the snatch of music chosen as
>the preview....would someone have actually put the effort into
>choosing, or is it random? There seems to be some thought given to
>the process.

It's really annoying, I agree. And it really needs to be 1 minute
rather than 30 seconds, otherwise in many cases you don't even get to
hear part of the chorus, which might be the deciding factor when
looking for a half-remembered tune.

Personally I think he price should be $0.49 per track, with quantity
discounts, and the previews should be 1 minute rather than 30
seconds. They should also put up some free tracks, as "loss leaders".

Paul