[Ti] Multifunction Printers and Airport Extreme base station

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Apr 30 06:39:44 PDT 2003

>Has anyone tried to use the scanner part of a printer/scanner/copier
>when it's attached to an Airport Extreme base station? I have no
>doubt the printer will work, but the scanner part would be nice too.
>It would give me the final reason to upgrade my wireless base
>station.

Sorry to say, it does not work, at least on with the Lexmark
printer/scanner/fax/copier. When the printer is connected through the
new Airport, it connects using Rendezvous, which is actually a
separate choice under the print center. The software is looking for a
scanner on the USB port so it can't find it.  Either software must be
re-written or the Rendezvous printing function re-designed to ghost
the USB port.

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com