Apple called me at home.

Chris Owens cwosigns at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 09:56:23 PDT 2003

Okay...that was weird.

Some guy from Apple called me at home.  He knew I'd been thinking of
buying a 12" PowerBook (either he lurks on the list or he knows Miss
Cleo).  I told him I already bought one at Micro Center, and told him
why I didn't buy it at the Apple Store.

"Picture it...Cincinnati, Ohio in 2003.  I walk into the Mac store
where I've blown thousands and thousands of dollars with a defective
product that they tell me isn't defective."  You guys remember the
story.  BTW Judge Judy's book title would fit well here:  Don't Pee on
My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining.

So I told him how I had a bad taste in my mouth from the Apple Retail
Store and wouldn't buy there again.  He kind of agreed with them, but
said in the end it depends on who you deal with.  He also kind of
acknowledged that Apple has a corporate attitude about things, whereas
Micro Center (the new beneficiary of my Mac addiction) has the
flexibility to accept returns such as a bad pixel in order to keep
their customers happy.  So Apple doesn't care about a customer's
happiness?

I still don't have a better attitude toward the Apple Store, but at
least Oscar gave me his name and number so I can call for help later.

Chris Owens
Cincinnati, Ohio
(513) 861-3104 home
(513) 807-3104 mobile office