[Ti] [OT] Re: [Ti] accents and Apple's Speech Recogntion

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 13:36:09 PDT 2003

Mark O'Brien typed this message on 4/30/03 3:28 PM:

> LOL! I was amazed when I discovered a few years ago that 2 of the main
> characters in L.A. Confidential were played by Australians (Guy Pearce
> and Russell Crowe...yeah, I know he was born in N.Z.). Their American
> accents were perfect! Same with the current U.S. TV series "Without A
> Trace", with Anthony LaPaglia and Poppy Montgomery, both from Oz.

Equally amazing is the way Renee Zellwegger (born in Texas) mastered the
British accent in Bridget Jones' Diary. Not just any British accent but one
that is common only in a part of London. She is sheer genius! Gwyneth
Paltrow can pass very nicely as British as well.

Jg