[Ti] Canadians need not apply! [OT]

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 13:42:54 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 04:27  PM, John Griffin wrote:

> Well, I downloaded all the new stuff and then logged into the Music
> Store
> only to be told that because I live in Canada, I am not allowed to buy
> any
> music.
>
> What kind of cr*p is that! I have bought all kinds of stuff in the US
> with
> my Credit Card (with only a Canadian Address).
>
> Is there any logic in this?
>
> jg

It's stated quite clearly that for the time being, that this is only
open to residents of the United States.

Taken from http://www.apple.com/music/store/launch/launch.html:
-----
The iTunes Music Store requires:
A Macintosh computer (iBook, PowerBook, iMac, eMac or Power Mac)
Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later. (version 10.2.5 or later recommended)
iTunes 4 must be installed
Internet connection (DSL, Cable or LAN connection recommended)
Apple ID or .Mac account. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to sign-up.
The iTunes Music Store is only available in the U.S.
-----

And not only there, but in every press release and many prior emails to
this list.

Logic?  Yes, there is logic in this decision and it's based on
licensing issues.

-Neil