[Ti] Canadians need not apply! [OT]

Bill Reburn reburn at mts.net
Wed Apr 30 14:39:30 PDT 2003

On 4/30/03 3:55 PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> Neil Cadsawan typed this message on 4/30/03 4:42 PM:
>
>> It's stated quite clearly that for the time being, that this is only
>> open to residents of the United States.
>
> And exactly where is it stated quite clearly?
>
> jg

John, when you fire up iTunes (if it is already running, quit and relaunch,
because the msg only appears once after a new launch of iTunes) and hit the
Music Store Button, do you not get the message that says;
_______________________________
'Country Warning'

MUSIC STORE
The iTunes music store is not available in your country yet. Yo will be able
to browse music and listen to previews, but you won't be able to purchase
music unless your billing address is in the United States

                                     [[[Big Glossy Aqua OK button here]]]

Threw me the next day too because I didn't quit iTunes. I think it should
come up *everytime* you click on the Music Store, not just after launch..
Maybe that little bug points to it being lifted early than we expect? Well,
one can only hope.

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers of Canada