Weird characters in Permissions/Ownership

Wayne Swingle swingle at ca.inter.net
Mon Aug 4 15:48:12 PDT 2003

On my Ti-book 667, when I command-I on a file to change its
owner/permissions, the current user does not show my login short name.
Instead, it shows random characters from some asian font, followed by
(Me).  The characters change each time I open the get info window.  How
can i get rid of this?  Please don't tell me I have to reinstall the OS
from scratch. Everything else appears to work on the machine.  Thanks!!