[OT] Apple DVD Player 3.2 Problem-SOLUTION!

Eric L. Peters E-Peters at csu.edu
Mon Aug 4 16:21:36 PDT 2003

Hello again, all:

Just after posting, I found a nifty shareware utility that I thought
I'd share with you. It's called "Pacifist", and allows you to read an
install package (or an entire install disc), locate the file you
want, and install it. Worked like a charm on my particular problem.
You can find it at:

http://www.charlessoft.com/

He also has a utility called "BootCD", that creates a disk image that
can be used to burn a bootable Mac OS X CD (even Jaguar) with a
working Finder and Dock, and a hack called "DockDisks", that makes
disks appear in the Dock when you insert them, rather than on your
Desktop.

My thanks to Charles, and if I were him, I guess I'd say, "don't
applaud, just throw money".
--
Eric L. Peters
Associate Professor of Ecology and Environmental Science
9501 S. King Drive                           mailto:E-Peters at csu.edu
Chicago, IL 60628-1598          http://webs.csu.edu/~epeters/

"... everything that is unpleasant in life has been brought to us by
liberals. One of them is the fact that we can only have two
tablespoons of water in our toilet bowls because of some idiotic
conservation of water. It's wacky enough for liberals to think about
global warming, but that we would run out of natural resources? It
rains. The water doesn't go away. Because of liberal government
bureaucrats, they decided that we can only have two tablespoons of
water in the toilet. You throw half a tissue in the toilet and you
have to flush it 16 times."
      Ann Coulter (interview with David Bowman,"Ann Coulter, woman" in
Salon.com, July 25,2003)