Target Disk Mode Problems

Chris Malanga tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 5 06:11:12 PDT 2003

Hi all...

Me sister just bought at 12" PowerBook G4 for college (Yay!).  We were
trying to transfer some stuff from my PowerBook to hers.  I thought I would
use Target Disk Mode to do so.  I put the 12" in TDM and attached it to my
computer.  The drive would not mount on my Ti.  After about two full
minutes, I pulled the FireWire cord and got the warning about the disk not
being put away properly.  So I shut my machine down and rebooted with hers
attached.  At startup, it waited for over three minutes with a message like
"Waiting for disks..." then after startup was finished, her drive mounted.

My questions: (1) Is this amount of time to mount a disk both in the finder
and on startup normal?  And if not, (2) is there anything I could do to
correct this?

TIA....

Chris Malanga
tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm