[Ti] Weird characters in Permissions/Ownership

A.J.Bos Arjan.Bos at icu.nl
Tue Aug 5 12:32:50 PDT 2003

On dinsdag, aug 5, 2003, at 00:48 Europe/Amsterdam, Wayne Swingle wrote:

> On my Ti-book 667, when I command-I on a file to change its
> owner/permissions, the current user does not show my login short name.
> Instead, it shows random characters from some asian font, followed by
> (Me).  The characters change each time I open the get info window.
> How can i get rid of this?  Please don't tell me I have to reinstall
> the OS from scratch. Everything else appears to work on the machine.
> Thanks!!

Mmm, can't help you there, but I see the same thing. I'm not that
bothered by it, since the terminal command 'ls -l' shows the correct
name. This means to me that it's just the finder getting things wrong.
btw, I own a TiBook 667 with infrared port. All updates installed, OSX
10.2.6, etc.

Arjan

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)