[Ti] 12' Powerbook

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 12 18:40:34 PDT 2003

On 8/12/03 7:28 PM, "b" <fl1pper at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Alexandre Kapellos paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:
>
>> Le Mercredi, 13 aoû 2003, à 00:01 Europe/Zurich,
>> Hayes-Holgate, Shaun a écrit :
>>
>>> Can't you just hook up a cheap 17 or 21"
>>> monitor to the 12" powerbook when you're
>>> working at home?
>>>
>> Exactly! Anybody out there doing this?
>>
>> Alexandre
>
> Sure, lots of us, probably. I use a LaCie
> electron22blueIII monitor with my 667, all the
> time. Quark, Final Cut pro, Premiere...matter of
> fact, any Adobe app with all their palettes, and
> the Macromedia apps all have plenty of room.

I do this too - have my Ti up on an iCurve stand while using an Apple Pro
Extended kboard.. Puts both screens at just the right height for me (my
other monitor is a 17" CRT ASD - must have the crt for colour accuracy). I
have misplaced the url, but there is also a pc card monitor connection
available - so *technically* you could be running two external monitors off
your laptop if you really wanted to.

The newest laptops come with oodles of external monitor juice. I believe the
12" can run an external to 1600x1200 (which all Ti's back to the 550 easily
could), the 15"/17" run them upto 2048x1536. Plus they all have S-Vid &
composite outputs for all kinds of other displays/monitors/tv's/projectors.

I do not find the 15" Ti screen THAT worthy for work on it's own either
though.. I hear a lot of people saying you might - be sure to go to the
nearest Apple shops and ask if they have any machines with real app's on
them, do as much "test-driving" as you can.

Goodluck (I would wait until the end of August before making a decision)

Bill Reburn
Associate Member of the
Society of Graphic Designers
of Canada : MB Chapter