[Ti] "Hacked" PowerBook SuperDrive firmware

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Tue Aug 12 20:22:42 PDT 2003

On 8/12/03 8:54 PM, "Benn" <joverkamp at earthlink.net> wrote:

> http://www.macnn.com/news/20593
>
> A firmware hack to allow 16x CD-R burning, 2X DVD-R burning, DVD-RW and
> DVD-RAM.
> If anyone test it here (I'm not brave enough yet) I'd like to hear how
> it went.
>
> Benn

This firmware hack has been out for a few weeks, so far no reported issues.
It does update the burn speed to 16x for CDR and DVD 2x but does not resolve
the region free issues.  I have applied this to a 1 Ghz PB Ti and have had
no issues at all.  Works great...BUT...one does this at his own risk as
stated on the update.  It can void your warranty.  Use at your own risk.

Otherwise, it works for me.

Cheers