12' Powerbook

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:03:56 PDT 2003

The 12" screen will certainly be too small if you're constantly working on
the road.

Anytime I have to use a program that requires massive screen real estate, I
usually hook up my 12" PB to a 21" monitor. It's the only way I can work
effectively.

This means I am tethered to the desktop with the monitor whenever I have to
use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Canvas or any program that requires screen real
estate.

I use the 12" screen for tool palettes and the 21" monitor for main work.

If you have to do a lot of work on the road with the programs you've
mentioned, then wait for the 15".

Otherwise, the 12" screen works as a secondary monitor to hold tool
palettes.

> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:49:51 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Ti] 12' Powerbook
> From: Alexandre Kapellos <mac.k at a2k.ch>
>

>>> Am I missing anything, or is this machine a good compromise between
>>> price and power?
>>
>> Well, Alexandre, I think we've reached a consensus.  DON'T BUY IT!
>>

> OK, I get it, this a conspiracy. You all work for Apple, and you want
> as much of my money as you can get!!!
>
> I was afraid I was going to get these kinds of answers... I knew screen
> size was a problem.
>
> But my big problem is $$$$. I really can't afford a 17 inch or a 15
> inch, that's why I am interested in the 12inch...
>
> Instead, would a 14inch iBook be a bad choice?
>
> Alexandre
>
> PS Thanks for all the answers!

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET