[Ti] DiskWarrior - crash every time [OT]

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 19 05:55:09 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 02:36  PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:07:00 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Ti] DiskWarrior - crash every time [OT]
> From: John Griffin <jwegriffin at mac.com>
>
> ursus at mac.com typed this message on 8/18/03 11:07 AM:
>
>>> Has anyone here gotten DiskWarrior 3 to work with their Powerbooks?
>>
>>> I can't seem to get any help from Alsoft, so any help I could get
>>> here would
>>> certainly be appreciated.
>>
>> Works great with both of mine. Sounds like to me that your Disk
>> Warrior CD
>> is defective and some of the code is corrupt.. Ask them for a new one
>> or
>> borrow one and see if that fixes it. Good luck.
>
> I found the answer to the problem. Alsoft "recommends" that you run
> DiskWarrior 3 from the base level of the Utilities folder inside the
> Applications folder. The thing is, as I found out, you MUST run it from
> there. If you try and run it from a folder inside the Utilities folder
> as I
> did, you hit the wall with the kextload crash problem.
>
> jg

I run it from a separate partition even and DW has not troubles.

-- Massimo

Disclaimer:
This transmission is intended for people having functioning eyesight
and literacy.  If you have no eyesight, or can't read, please disregard
this email.  Thank you.