ques. re pcmcia adapter for CompactFlash

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Tue Aug 19 11:13:28 PDT 2003

Hi everyone -
Question:  I just got a pcmcia card adapter for my CompactFlash
photo-downloads.  It should be faster than my USB card reader, right?
It seems to be just as slow (it took nine minutes to download 48
photos into iPhoto) - - could this be because I have to 'defrag' my
hard drive?  (by the way, I have a 400 MHz Ti, running 10.2.6, 30GB
hd).
Next question:  I will only occasionally need to use this pc card
adapter, so I figure I'll carry it in a pocket in my briefcase... but
I was wondering:  could I just leave it in the pcmcia slot in the
side of my Titanium?  Nice out-of-the-way place for it, and it'll
never get lost!
Thanks for any advice!
By the way, I responded off-list to some of you who advised me about
automating some tasks I always have to do whenever I open my
word-processing program (mostly having to do with
window-positioning).  People seemed to think that QuickKeys would
work, but I got a note back from QuicKeys recently saying that that
program will only automate the pasteboard settings tasks... it won't
drag the windows where I want them to go.
Cheers,
Malcolm