[Ti] OS X drivers for old serial Wacom Tablets

Dave Friesen davefriesen at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 20:23:32 PDT 2003

I was so screwed with my Wacom. Nice huge 12x12 serial that's completely
useless.

I tried to talk to Wacom and they tried to help me. They have an upgrade
program for late model serial tablets to convert them to USB, but my older
tablet was not able to be upgraded.

They tried to support serial adaptors but failed to make them work with OS
X.

I'm sure they wanted to force people to update their older Tablets and not
spend the development money for OS X.

I did get many years of use out of the tablet but I wish they would have
spent the time to make it work with OS X.

So the best thing to do is to contact Wacom (web site first) and see if your
tablet is able to be updated. They didn't widely publicize the program so
you may need to call their Customer Service.

If it's a small tablet (6x9 or less) throw it away or put it up on ebay.