[Ti] about isight

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 21:02:31 PDT 2003

> Does the iSight have the best picture in the world? Probably not. But the
> camera is extremely handy and works flawlessly in the Apple world.
>
> Very compact and portable.

That pretty much says it all. Form factor is brilliant, especially handy to
travel with. But the picture is absolutely TERRIBLE!  I  bought one and
spent hours and hours trying to get a decent picture.  No way. The $69
Philips toUcam Pro I have blows it away. (Also available from Apple Stores
in malls)  I returned the iSight.  There are dozens of cams that are MUCH
cheaper that perform far better than the iSight. Worst Apple product I can
remember since the old flat panel display they shipped for the Apple Iic.