[Ti] about isight

warwick teale warwick_teale at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 20:40:03 PDT 2003

AGree! I bought two when they first came out. Portable and robust (i
dropped one in Beirut - it works great). THE noise cancelling
microphone is very good. I use iSIGHT with either the headphones or a
line into my surround sound because the audio from this Ti is lousy.

The camera bases and holders are goo. THe camera sits right on the lids
of the PB's and comes off and on easily. However I do think that in
time the tiny two piece firewire plastic cord adapters will get lost
when I travel

I think the iCHATAV software really chews the CPU n this Ti667 when the
VIDEO mode is used. The system seems to works better on our 12inches
aluminium Powerbook - more cpu available  suppose.

The while solution is very susceptible to the available bandwidth. You
have to realise that. I am in Hong KOng, so bandwidth here is not a
problem, but sometime to the USA, the guy at the other end has limited
'UPLINK' data rate because of is ISP, so video conferencing is weak to
say the least.

I've often used it in airport lounges via wireless to con-call. it is
very cool and does save money on phone calls.

 From the receivers end, people that I talk to over video cannot tell
the difference in picture quality form the Apple iSIGHT between the
SONY DSRPDX10 or the SONY DSRPD150 we have....

The iSIGHT cameras do get very hot....

go get one they are great!

w`