[Ti] Linksys router wireless problems.

Pedro Vera pedro at veraperez.com
Mon Aug 25 10:37:02 PDT 2003

I am having mixed results with Linksys. My first Linksys BEFSR41 router lasted over two years of
incredible service. Never a problem. I had a D-Link WAP that ran fine with it.

When the router died I bought the exact same model but with wireless b. Died in less than 3
days. Its replacement died the same way. I switched to a SMC Barricade that has worked really
nice, and the firewall has SPI, something Linksys should have added a long time ago.

Oh, and it was $60 cheaper. Of course, it is b, not g, but it is fine for what I need it.

Thanks,

Pedro Vera
http://pedrovera.com
PGP/GPG Key available at http://pedrovera.com/public.asc