[Ti] [UPDATE] [Ti] dead cdrom on TI500 - what are my options

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:42:51 PDT 2003

måndagen den 25 augusti 2003 kl 20.26 skrev mac2 mail:

> I tried the squeeze method. I put a couple of audio cd's and a data cd
> in, and all worked fine.  I never got the 'pop' noise that others had
> mentioned in this thread.
>
> However, today at work, I am dead again, and no amount of "squeezing"
> will bring it back.
----------------
I suggest that you try and do the squeeze again in an effort to really
get that connection noice. No CD in the drive while you're doing this.
Feed the CD slightly från the left as it seem it catches it easier when
you do that. When you get it working, make certain that you don' t lift
the Ti with one hand any more and specially not at the right hand side.
It seems to be some twist causing the dislocation. (Similar to the
problem on some computers loosing battery connection.)

Also in an effort to make your Ti-book a bit sturdier tighten up the
screws on the bottom and the screws under the keyboard. They tend to
get loose and cause the Ti-book to twist easier.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Culture_in_School> updat 030606
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in
Gothenburg) <http://217.215.44.209> temp direct link