[Ti] Best wireless router solution

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 10:32:08 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 01:24  PM, Mohit Bhansali wrote:

> What are the best alternative you have found, esp. in
> the realm of hybrid connectivity (PC and Macs sharing
> the same wireless connection).  Cost is not an issue;
> however, quality and realiability are.  I'm not on
> 802-g, but a router that has that flexibility built in
> is a plus.
>
> Again, sorry for the repeated topic.
>
> Looking forward to your suggestions.

Mo, glad you brought this up as it bears repeating for those of us who
are seeking alternatives as I too am.
I did some internet research and it seems that Netgear gets high marks
in the Mac-friendliness category. So does Zoom, but not as easy to set
up.
My brother uses a Netgear  with his cable connection so his daughter
can use her laptop wirelessly, and as far as compatibility with the
TiBook Airport Card, stay tuned until after September 6th and I can
tell you if it flew........

Right now I use a regular old Netgear "hub", and no one can tell me if
it is really an actual HUB or a ROUTER or both, but I just know it does
the job of putting more than one of my many Macs online at
once...without any sort of configuration.
However, it is not wireless and I am first going to try to use the
Card-To-Card type of connection (software router) without Airport BS
before I buy a wireless device.

....J